Join SLA and Review SLA Benefits
Special offers from Sports Business Daily and Sports Business Journal for SLA members. Click here for details.
The Benefits of Belonging to SLA!
Why has the Sports Lawyers Association membership grown so much in recent years? The answer is simple: it's a good investment. The solid benefits include access to comprehensive and useful sports law information (much of it collected at this web site for the ready reference of our members only), as well as the opportunity to learn first-hand about current developments in the field from recognized experts at our annual conference. SLA works constantly to provide more and better opportunities for its members to be more effective, to learn and gain access to the newest, most complete, and most authoritative information. SLA welcomes you to review the benefits of membership, and to join us. Fill out the application form and send it in today. We look forward to seeing you at our next Annual Conference!
- SportsBusiness Daily
- As part or your annual membership to SLA, you will receive a complimentary subscription to SportsBusiness Daily, a $1300 value. The Daily is recognized as the sports industry's leading online daily trade publication, providing a real-time, comprehensive and smart business tool that keeps readers ahead of the news. Click here to take advantage of this free offer.
- SportsBusiness Journal
- As part of your annual membership to SLA, you will receive a $50 discount on your subscription to SportsBusiness Journal. The Journal provides the critical news and information sports industry executives need to be successful in the fast-paced world of sports business. Click here to subscribe at the special discounted rate today. A complimentary, 4-week trial subscription is also offered at: www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/freetrial.
- Sports Law Weekly
- This electronic weekly publication is emailed to members on current sports law issues of interest.
- Sports Lawyers Conference
- As a key activity in fulfilling its mission, each year the SLA develops and holds the premier sports law symposium. SLA's Sports Lawyers Annual Conference offers members and non-members the unique opportunity to come together for three days of educational programs, round-table discussions, and social activities. Members and experts in related fields meet each year to exchange ideas and make new contacts. In all jurisdictions, attendance at SLA's Conference qualifies lawyers for Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credit. Click on the SLA Sports Lawyers Conference.
- Sports Lawyers Journal®
- Published by SLA and edited by Tulane Law School students annually, The Sports Lawyers Journal® contains articles authored exclusively by American and Canadian law students. Provided to all SLA members, The Sports Lawyers Journal® contains timely, quality articles that satisfy the need for breadth and depth in today's sports law field. For more information, click on The Sports Lawyers Journal®.
- Members of SLA receive a subscription to the Association's newsletter, The Sports Lawyer. This electronic newsletter is devoted totally to coverage of vital issues affecting the practice of sports law and is an important source of essential information on key issues. For more information, click on The Sports Lawyer.
- Annual Membership Directory
- Each year current members are listed in the SLA Membership Directory. This publication is a unique resource and its distribution is strictly limited. A copy of the Directory is provided to each member...and is available on-line in the Members Only section.
- Award of Excellence
- Each year, the Award of Excellence is presented to an attorney noted for demonstrating distinguished characteristics and qualities within the legal profession. Recipients of this award have made substantial contributions to the advancement of sports through business and by involvement in charitable non-profit organizations. Their achievements have helped to enhance the public perception of the role of attorneys in the sports industry.
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- As an individual-membership association, SLA is primarily supported by annual dues. As a measure of its success, since 1990, the Association has experienced more than a 275% growth in active memberships. Additionally, SLA actively encourages and welcomes financial assistance from corporations and other organizations which have interest in the field. SLA provides specific and exclusive sponsorship opportunities. Through such arrangements, a sponsor receives direct access to the influential practitioners in sports law as well as national exposure at SLA's Conference and through its newsletter.
Contact us for sponsorship information.